Monday 10 December 2012

Liebster Award - A Pleasant Surprise :)


I had a nice surprise greeting me when I looked at my comments today - I'd been nominated for the Liebster Award (something, I will admit, that I hadn't heard of before). The Liebster award is designed to bring more attention to the less noticed blogs out there, those that many may not know exist. It also helps tell the blogs nominated that you enjoy reading what they're posting.
I was nominated by Maxamillian Walker from http://scyldandseax.blogspot.fr/2012/12/double-wammy.html who said: "A Lord of the Rings blog, with plenty of goblins currently on his painting table. Also made some charming Moria terrain."

The rules:
Liebster awards are designed to promote those blogs out there who people feel should get more exposure than they do. The rules are simple;

  • Post the pic of the award and talk about it
  • Post a link back to the person who gave you the award.
  • Select five blogs of 200 followers or less to nominate them for the award and inform them of your decision by commenting on a post.
Choosing five nominees for this award was hard, as there are so many good blogs out there, but in the end I settled for these 5:

A War of the Ring blog, I like seeing Llama's alternate models for his armies, as well as the original conversions - such as the Knights of Arnor and Plague Cart.

http://dramatickatastases.blogspot.co.uk/
A Lord of the Rings blog, with a great mixture of conversions, painting and terrain, with display boxes for finished armies too.

A great blog, with all three of Games Workshop's core games in, I always enjoy looking forwards to updates from Elhion, even though I don't have that much interest in Warhammer.

Another Lord of the Rings blog; I enjoy looking through this blog, especially at the use of historical miniatures alongside those produced by Games Workshop's.

This Lord of the Rings blog is really good to look through; a mix of well painted miniatures, and fun-to-read battle reports - well worth taking the time to look through.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Chris! Always nice with an incentive to keep posting those pictures!

    Eurainonslotr, I hadn't seen before, looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you deserved the award, your conversions are an inspiration!

      Delete
  2. congrats Chris!
    well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mate :D hopefully I'll have an update tomorrow :)

      Delete